The Bioexpression and Fermentation Facility (BFF) is accepting applications for a Research Professional level position in the protein purification group. The job responsibilities are as follows:
- Executing small and large-scale purification projects
- Running FPLC and HPLC chromatography systems for multi-mg or gram quantities of proteins
- Familiarity with TFF systems is also desirable as well as the ability to troubleshoot chromatography equipment issues as needed
- Write reports based on data collected from experiments according to facility guidelines and/or client specifications
- Draft, revise and review SOPs, forms and master batch records
Requires experience in protein purification, preferably including large-scale buffer preparation and chromatography system maintenance and operation. In addition, he/she will be responsible for generation of reports, maintaining accurate laboratory records and attending client conference calls.
The position requries a B.S. plus 2 years experience or Masters degree and no experience in a related field. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.