The Bioexpression and Fermentation Facility (BFF) in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Georgia provides state-of-the-art equipment and wide-ranging expertise in biotechnological applications to academic and industry clients. Our array of services can be tailored to meet your needs.
Improving expression – beyond the shake flaskBFF has years of experience improving the expression of recombinant proteins in E. coli & other hosts. Cultivation of bacteria in fermenters allows for much higher cell densities and protein yields than traditional shake flask production.
Why every scientist needs antibodies
- Detection of low expressing proteins
- Purification/Immunoprecipitation of a protein from a complex mixture
- Determination of phosphorylation state of a protein
Custom peptide services
- BFF uses a proprietary technology to generate long (>30 amino acid) peptides
- We can purify your peptide of interest up to gram quantities
- We specialize in difficult to purify peptides e.g. hydrophobic